Muyuna Lodge 4 Days / 3 Nights
Day 1: Iquitos
You will find easily our staff waiting for you in Muyuna’s counter in the Iquitos Airport. Immediately, the guide will take you to the harbor in nice buses while you look Iquitos. Our speed boats will be waiting for you, ready to travel three hours upriver on the Amazon. Muyuna staff will be ready to welcome you with a typical drink. After setting in your bungalow and having lunch, finally you will start your trip. The check list with the animals that have been previously seen will be provided. Use canoes or go walking to the “Pungal”, depending on the water level. This is an area that has several strangle figs, which is the favorite place of Hoatzin birds, these birds look like a prehistoric ones, because they have three hooks in their wings middle articulation, you will be surprised looking at them. In the evening, you can fish in the Sapote Lake, where you can find different species of piranhas, sardines, etc., while you look to the beautiful sunset of the jungle. By night, after having a refreshing shower, you will continue with the adventure looking for black and white caimans (jungle alligators), while you look at the stars of the south hemisphere.
Photo Gallery Andes
After breakfast, you will make a hiking at the back of the lodge where you observe the variety of flora that region has. In this hike you can taste the water of the “Uncaria tomentosa” that has inside its vain (it is said that can cure cancer and aids). Also you will be surprised for the giant ceiba trees. You will have the opportunity to see the pygmy marmoset, the smallest monkey in the world, and if you are lucky, howler monkey, which roar it is listened miles away! Also, is easy to spot some tamarins and black monkeys, different species of birds, and colorful butterflies. In this area we also have seen in few opportunities some felines. This hike can last seven hours, depending on your physical state, you can reach the Tahuayo River. In the afternoon, you will enjoy the greenest sunset of your life, fishing piranhas and silver hatched fish in the Purura Lake. After dinner, you will make a nocturnal hiking to the strangle tree, where is the home of many species of tarantulas (although their bad fame, they are not dangerous to humans).
Photo Gallery Andes
Using canoes you will go to Juanachi Lake, which is hard accessible, because is far and has many aquatics plants that appeared at the entrance, being the reason why you can appreciated the abundance of fauna and flora. Here you will walk or paddle, depending on the water level, looking the different types of birds like parrots, macaws, toucans, egrets, hawks, ducks, etc, also sloth and several monkeys like the night, squirrel and dusky titi ones. The lunch will be served outdoors to enjoy more time in this remote place. Here you can walk, depending on the river level, looking for more fauna.
Photo Gallery Andes
Very early in the morning, before the breakfast you will make a very efficient bird watching trip. This is the best hour to look for them because they begin their day feeding themselves in the trees. It will be easy to see parrots, macaws, toucans, egrets, hawks, etc. The check list will help you to identify the species you see. Later, you will be taken by boats to the Amazon River. Here you will experiment the most magical moment of your trip: to see and listen to the pink Amazon River dolphins playing around your boat. Also our boats are equipped with a specialized headphones system to enjoy this unique experience. In the way back to the lodge, you will see the biggest aquatic plant in the world, the famous Victoria Regia. Then visit the Purura Lake where you will find different types of fish, like piranhas, silver hatched fish, etc. After the lunch, your grateful experience in the jungle comes to the end, you will sail three hours back to Iquitos and be taken to the Airport.
- Quick Reservation Form
- Airport transfers, but if you arrive between 11:00 pm and 05:00 am the transfer has a additional cost of U$ 15.00 per taxi.
- Transfer from Iquitos to Muyuna Lodge by nice speed boats traveling three hours by the Amazon river.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, are included during all days that passengers stay at Muyuna Lodge. Our delicious Peruvian dishes, prepared by Muyuna chefs. If you are vegetarian, please tell us in advance.
- Lodging in nice and private bungalows with their own bathroom and terrace with a hammock facing the river.
- Day and nocturnal excursions to look for animals.
- You can charge your camera battery in our generator. Ask the manager to do this.
- Expert bilingual naturalist guide fro the area in charge of small groups.
- Visit small and remote local village to see how different life style the jungle people have.
- Tents and mattresses to make camping in the “Full Adventure” trip.
- A check list of animals that live close to the Muyuna area.
- Purified water during the whole trip.
- A friendly team eager to serve you in the lodge.
- First aid kit.
- Flight tickets and airport taxes (although the flight tickets are not included in our prices, we can help you to organize the trip planning the schedule and buying the tickets).
- Travel or health insurance.
- Tips for the guide and members of the staff.
- Liquors and beverages.
What to take:
Price per Person:
|2 - 10||USD$ 575|