Inkaterra Amazon Reserve 3D / 2N
Welcome in Puerto Maldonado. Visit the Inkaterra House near the airport, check-in, and in only 15 minutes, you can get to the boarding wharf. Begin to experience the enchantment of the rainforest, as you take a 45-minute boat ride along the Madre de Dios River to arrive at Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica lodge. After a short briefing, settle into your beautiful cabaña and enjoy your lunch in the dining room. Take a siesta, share a refreshing tea time and get ready for the afternoon excursion. After gathering with your inkaterra Interpreter, choose from the 14 different excursions available at the Inkaterra lodge. On your first day, we recommend a guided walk along the Trail system, into the Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica natural area, where you will discover the Amazon Basin. This trail offers an excellent introduction to the forest environment, winding past impressive trees such as the Shihuahuaco, and the strangely beautiful strangler fig, offering excellent opportunities for bird watching and observing exotic insects.
We also recommend on the first night our Twilight River excursion a guided afternoon boat ride on the Madre de Dios river. Witness the transformation from a diurnal to a nocturnal world: animals and birds of the daytime give way to species specially adapted to the night. As you enjoy their paradise, you will learn about their habits, while you search for nightjars, owls, capybaras and big caimans. We will gather at The Eco Center and present all available excursions. Enjoy the dinner, served in the main dining room from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. After dinner, you may retire early to your own cabaña, or join us to talk about the experience of life in the rainforest, as you listen to the intriguing sounds of the jungle at night.
Photo Gallery Andes
Rest in bed or rise early - the choice is yours. Breakfast begins at 5:30 a.m., for those who want to avoid the heat and enjoy nature at its fullest. A full buffet breakfast is served from 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. This morning you may visit the Lake Sandoval excursion into the Tambopata National Reserve. Glide in a wooden canoe, across a beautiful, mirror-like oxbow lake that is home to the endangered giant river otter, as well as red howler monkeys, red-bellied macaws, anacondas, side-neck turtles and black caimans. Return to the Inkaterra lodge for lunch.
After lunch, consider visit the remarkable Inkaterra Canopy Walkway and Anaconda Walk. Ascending the first tower, 29 meters above the forest ground, you begin your encounter with the treetop realm. For more than a quarter of a mile, you will literally walk through the rainforest canopy on a suspension bridge network linking eight observation platforms. During this hour-and-a-half expedition, be on the lookout for bright toucans, woodpeckers, trogons, monkeys and the three-toed sloth. If you wish you may extend your excursion and appreciate the sunset from one of the towers. After your descent from the Canopy, experience the Anaconda Walk for about 30 minutes along the 200-meter wooden bridge over the Aguajales swamps. In this lush eco system, you may observe the various species of amphibians, birds, mammals, abundant flora, trees and there is a possibility to see serpents of this flooded marshland. The walk finishes by returning to the lodge. Once at the lodge, enjoy the daily nature presentation in the Eco Center. Dinner starts at 7:30 p.m.
Photo Gallery Andes
Enjoy a full breakfast before departure. A 45-minute return trip by boat on the Madre de Dios River takes you to Puerto Maldonado, where you may visit Inkaterra Butterfly House. Peru boasts the greatest variety of butterflies in the world, with 3,700 known species. Many of these can be seen at the Butterfly House, a showcase for the variety, beauty and adaptability of these fascinating insects.
Photo Gallery Andes
- Quick Reservation Form
- Airport transfers, but if you arrive between 11:00 pm and 05:00 am the transfer has a additional cost of U$ 15.00 per taxi.
- Transfer from Iquitos to Muyuna Lodge by nice speed boats traveling three hours by the Amazon river.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, are included during all days that passengers stay at Muyuna Lodge. Our delicious Peruvian dishes, prepared by Muyuna chefs. If you are vegetarian, please tell us in advance.
- Lodging in nice and private bungalows with their own bathroom and terrace with a hammock facing the river.
- Day and nocturnal excursions to look for animals.
- You can charge your camera battery in our generator. Ask the manager to do this.
- Expert bilingual naturalist guide fro the area in charge of small groups.
- Visit small and remote local village to see how different life style the jungle people have.
- Tents and mattresses to make camping in the “Full Adventure” trip.
- A check list of animals that live close to the Muyuna area.
- Purified water during the whole trip.
- A friendly team eager to serve you in the lodge.
- First aid kit.
- Flight tickets and airport taxes (although the flight tickets are not included in our prices, we can help you to organize the trip planning the schedule and buying the tickets).
- Travel or health insurance.
- Tips for the guide and members of the staff.
- Liquors and beverages.
What to take:
Price per Person:
|2 - 10||USD$ 455|